Saturday, February 16, 2013

New Name, New Places, and Some Familiar Faces

From August 21, 2010 to July 19, 2011, I lived in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was an incredible year to say the least, one I will remember for the rest of my life. Of course I wasn't in Hanoi the whole time; I would occasionally travel to nearby cities and I also made trips to Cambodia and China. However, my experience, while incredibly immersive, was also primarily static. Most of the time I was grateful for this because I was gaining an understanding of the city of Hanoi and the people who live there that I wouldn't have if I had been a backpacker passing through. But there were definitely times that I craved to do some more extensive traveling.

Ever since leaving Southeast Asia I've been itching to go back.  After saving up extensively while living on a shoestring budget, I've finally pulled together the means to return and travel. In March and April I will be backpacking through Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I'm incredibly excited. I will documenting my travels through pictures, videos, and of course, this blog.

You may recall that this blog was once called "Life in the Year of the Tiger and Cat" (among other things). Since I'm not going to just continue tacking on zodiac animals ("Life of the Year of the Tiger and Cat and Snake") I've changed the name to "The Disoriented Outlander." Please let me know if you think of a better name. My travels start March 1. Keep an eye out for blog posts!

Nathan Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment